Shipping Service Level Agreement
& Term of Service
PROHIBITED & LIMITED ITEMS
Laws vary by country. The list of items below cannot ship or have limits on how they can ship or how much can ship. Please note that this list is not comprehensive and that restrictions are constantly changing. We’ll do our best to update this page as we receive notices from our carriers but ultimately you are responsible for ensuring that the items you purchase comply with all government and carrier restrictions.
- Any transaction involving International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or other commodities subject to import licenses
- Artwork, archaeological artifacts, and antiquities
- Biological agents, etiological agents, and hosts and vectors of human disease
- Class 9 Miscellaneous (e.g., self-inflating life rafts, lithium batteries and dry ice)
- Fresh foodstuffs
- Gems, cut or uncut
- Hazardous materials/dangerous goods and radioactive materials
- Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries
- Medical Devices – must verify that the accepting warehouse complies with state requirements/ licensing/permits for distribution of medical devices
- Microchips, computer chips, microprocessors, central processing units (CPUs) and mobile telephones
- Other perishables
- Precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum in the form of scrap, dust, sulfides, residue, industrial preparations such as silver powder and silver termination paste, and jewelry
- Project cargo
- Retail tobacco products
- Tranquilizing guns and ammunition – Please note: Items that may be flammable, corrosive, or contain gases are also restricted.
- All commodities valued over US$5,000 without approval
- One-of-a-kind/irreplaceable articles such as artwork valued over US$5,000 each
- Flammables with a flash point of 140 degrees Fahrenheit or less
- Auto parts with fluids in them
- Fine art
- Fine jewelry
- Pornography/obscene material
- Precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum in the form of bullion, coins or ingots
- Watches valued over US$1000
- Weapons and weapons accessories
- Bullion and money of every description such as cash, bank notes, coins, currency notes, or currency of any kind
- Stamps (postage or revenue); vouchers; tokens; tickets of any kind; and credit, debit or cash cards
- Time-sensitive or critical written materials or documents including, but not limited to, bids and contract proposals
- Contraband including, but not limited to, illicit drugs and counterfeit goods
- Livestock, bloodstock and living animals
- Cash and currency.
- Live animals*. (Edible seafood, such as live lobsters, crabs or other types of fish and shellfish for human consumption, is acceptable, provided the shipper is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.)
- Animal carcasses*. (This restriction does not apply to properly packaged meat or poultry products intended for human consumption.)
SERVICE SPECIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- The Client shall select one of the available shipping methods offered by the courier company.
- The Client shall register as a User at the courier company’s Website and shall provide accurate information about the merchandise. Such information includes, but not limited to, the product’s name, description, quantity, declared value and insured value etc. The Service
- Provider shall use such information for declaration at the Customs and to assist the clearance. The Client shall assume full responsibility for any consequences arising out of incomplete or false information and the Service Provider reserves the rights to pursue legal actions.
- The Client shall print the Address Label from the courier company’s Website and paste it on the outside of the package. The courier company shall ship the package via the selected shipping method and shall ship it to the consignee as indicated on the Address Label.
- The shipment timeframe which is posted on the courier company’s Website is for reference only. The courier company does not guarantee the timeframe and shall not be held liable for any delays.
- The courier company shall assist the Client to check the status of the package and shall offer guidance to use its online system.
- The courier company reserves the rights to refuse shipment of counterfeits or prohibited goods.
RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Courier company shall not undertake the transport and delivery of any Shipment which contains Prohibited Items (as defined above). Prohibited Goods include, but are not limited to the items listed above.
- The clients warrants that the Shipment does not contain any Prohibited Goods and has been correctly packaged and is appropriately protected. Notwithstanding any other rights of Courier company, the Sender shall indemnify Courier company from any liability for third-party claims resulting from the transportation or delivery of Prohibited Goods or other inadmissible or unlawful goods. The contractual liability of Courier company for its own conduct and that of its agents or subcontractors remains unaffected.
- Courier company is not obliged to check whether a Shipment contains Prohibited Goods. However, Courier company shall be entitled to open a Shipment and to inspect the contents if it suspects that the Shipment contains Prohibited Goods. In
addition to the foregoing, Courier company has the right to open and inspect a Shipment without notice for security or customs or other valid reasons. Further, Courier company carries out regular checks in accordance with the applicable statutory aviation security regulations and if goods which may not be transported by air are found, or if there is reason to suspect that these goods ought not to be transported by air, Courier company shall be entitled to transport the goods by land or sea.
- The Shipments shall be delivered to the Recipient’s address specified by the Sender, though not necessarily personally to a Recipient named in person. Shipments to addresses with central mail departments shall be delivered to these departments.
- The Clients shall pay to Courier company the agreed charges for the agreed services.
- All prices indicated are net prices and are exclusive of any taxes, customs duties and fees. Such taxes, customs duties and fees shall be invoiced to and payable or reimbursable by the Client.
- All invoices shall be due and payable by the Client, without deduction or set-off, within the credit period granted by Courier Company.
- In case of non-payment by the Sender of any outstanding amount, Courier Company shall be entitled to suspend any or all of the services, charge interest on all overdue amounts from the due date until payment.
- Courier Company reserves the right to charge based on the higher of actual or volumetric weight per piece and any Shipment may be re-weighed and re-measured by Courier Company to confirm this calculation. This is referred to as “chargeable weight” and may be billed on a separate invoice.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REGARDING DELAY OF DELIVERY
- Courier company will make every reasonable effort to deliver the Shipment according to Courier company’s regular delivery schedules, but these schedules may last longer in practice due to objective impediment during transport and delivery of Shipment. In this case, Courier company is not liable for any damages or loss caused by delay.
- In case there is any claim from the Sender on delay of Shipment delivery and Courier company could not provide any documents proving that the delay was impacted by the objective cause(s), Courier company shall be liable for refund the service charge to the Client.
- Upon 03 months from the expiry date of the full transport and delivery process of a Shipment, for claims about the loss of Shipment or late delivery of Shipment compared to the announced regular delivery schedule
- Upon 01 month from the date of delivery of a Shipment to the Recipient, for claims about damaged Shipment, Shipment rates and other matters directly related to Shipment.
- The time limit for settling claims is not more than 01 months from the date of receipt of a claim. In case a claim is not lodged within the time limit specified, the request for dispute settlement is invalid.
- Time for implementation of loss/damage compensation is within 30 days after the responsibility for compensation is verified and documented by the parties; if compensation is not done promptly, the compensating party shall also be responsible for the late payment interest according to applicable laws and regulations.
- Settlement of disputes arising from or in connection to these General Terms and Conditions of Courier company is first done through conciliation between the parties. In case settlement by conciliation cannot be reached in 30 days from the date the dispute is raised by one party, any party may refer the dispute to the competent court in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- All compensation term & policy follow courier company and published on website, contract…