Shipping policy via Boxme platform
In these Terms of Service, unless the context requires otherwise, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “T&C” means the general terms and conditions and any addendum to these “T&C” and all amendments, modifications, or additions to these “T&C” from time to time;
- “Boxme JSC” means Boxme Vietnam Logistics Service Joint Stock Company established under the laws of Vietnam with the Enterprise Code of 0106693837.
- “Account” means an online account that the Customer opens on a Boxme technological platform in order to use Boxme services;
- “Customer” means the Boxme’s customer or the person authorized by the Customer to use the Boxme service account.
- “Partners” (referred to as SP) are independent third parties registered as partners to provide the following services to Customer using Boxme:
– Shipping, postal services;
– Cash on delivery (COD) services;
– Goods insurance services;
– Other additional services.
- “Service fee” means the fee in Vietnamese Dong, value-added tax inclusive, payable by the Customer for using Services specified in the T&C. Service fee may be adjusted depending on the applicable charge policy of Boxme and related partners at the time the customer creates an order on Boxme system;
- “Services/Boxme Services” means postal services and/or cash-on-delivery services and/or goods insurance services and/or other additional services via Boxme technological platform, including web platform and applications on iOS and Android operating systems, technology system platform integrated and connected between Boxme and partners via Boxme;
- “Delivery Staff” means Partner’s employees responsible for receiving, transporting, and delivering customers’ packages.
II. TERMS OF SERVICES
1. Goods Regulation
2. Disclaimer of compensation
Boxme and SP shall be exempted from compensation liability for damaged or lost goods as follows:
- Damage occurs entirely due to the fault of the Customer or due to the inherent nature and defects of the goods.
- The Customer fails to prove the act of sending and the harmful or damaged goods
- Goods are confiscated or destroyed at the discretion of the competent authority due to the Customer’s fault for noncompliance with the provisions on claim and dispute resolution by-laws. Boxme and SP shall be exempted from liability in case of overdue claim (i.e. Boxme has yet received any previous claim), specifically:
– 01 (one) month overdue counted from the end of the complete delivery period of the parcel applicable to the claim on lost or late shipment compared to the stated standard time.
– 02 (two) months overdue counted from the date that the parcel is delivered to the recipient applicable to the claim on harmful or damaged parcels, charges, and other parcel-related matters.
- The claimant is not the Customer directly using Boxme’s Services (i.e. the claimant does not pay the charge).
- The goods have been robbed, snatched, or damaged by the recipient designated by the Customer and resulting from the Customer’s fault as proven by Boxme and SP.
- Damage for unqualified goods caused by the Customer, including but not limited to the product size that does not match the image on the website provided by the Customer.
- In case SP has returned the goods up to 03 (three) times but the customer refuses to receive the goods or Boxme and SP cannot contact the customer, Boxme and SP shall keep the goods within 03 (three) months from the last return. After this period, Boxme and SP shall be exempted from any loss or damage related to the above order.
- Force majeure cases as regulated by the laws of Vietnam; Goods seized by the Authorities are therefore prohibited/restricted from trading/transporting goods.
- In case a part of damage occurs due to the Customer’s violation, Boxme and SP are exempted from liability for compensation corresponding to the level of damage caused by the Customer.
3. SPs’ Regulations/Policies
The Customer using the SP’s services via Boxme needs to read and comply with their regulations/policies.
Please click here the details of each SP’s Regulations/Policies.
NOTE: Boxme reserves the right to adjust the SPs’ policies and freights from time to time and publicly announce in its system and notify the Customer via email. The revised policy will be applied after 07 (seven) days from the notification date.
III. SHIPPING POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
1. Declaration of goods information
The Customer needs to provide the correct information of the parcel, including:
- Recipient/Sender information: full name, address, valid phone number;
- Description of the package: Description of goods, quantity, and amount collected on sender’s behalf;
- Additional services (if any): co-checkout, goods insurance purchase, etc. Boxme understands by default that the Customer does not use any additional services in a case where they do not specify this service.
This information is the basis for Boxme’s calculation of the Service fee based on the SP’s price list and pricing system when creating an order.
2. Packing and handover to the Delivery Staff
The Customer who does not use Boxme’s order processing and storage service will be subject to the private packing regulations of each SP provided by Boxme at the time of sending goods.
3. Delivery to destination and return
The delivery and return processes are prescribed under each SP’s regulations.
The Customer is required to comply with these regulations.
IV. REGULATIONS ON COD TRANSFER
By agreeing to this Policy and Terms of Service, the Customer agrees to authorize Boxme to collect their COD.
Boxme agrees that COD after successful collection shall be paid to the Customer in accordance with this Policy and Terms of Service.
Boxme is responsible for COD reconciliation, update on Customer accounts registered on Boxme system and payment of COD every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, specifically:
- On Monday, reconcile all successful orders from last Thursday, last Friday and last Saturday.
- On Wednesday, reconcile all successful orders from last Sunday to Monday of the same week.
- On Friday, reconcile all successful orders on Tuesday, Wednesday of the same week.
Bank charge (if any) in all cases shall be borne by the Customer according to the policy of the bank that the Customer is using at the time of transaction.
V. CHARGE PAYMENT REGULATIONS
1. Service Reconciliation
Boxme carries out this activity on a monthly basis.
From the 1st day to the 3rd day of each month, Boxme shall inform the Customer via email on the rising charge and service invoice for the previous month. The Customer may log in to the Boxme system to check the detailed information.
Orders of goods successfully picked up from the 25th day of the previous month to the 24th day of the current month shall be recorded as expenses.
Within 07 (seven) working days from the date Boxme sends the notice on invoice issuance, the Customer shall check, reconcile and give feedback to Boxme. Any discrepancy (if any) will be agreed to adjust in the next month’s invoice issuance.
In case the Customer does not give any feedback or give unclear feedback after the above time-limit, Boxme’s reconciliation will be deemed correct and the parties commit not to raise any claim or disputes on this issue.
2. Payment term (in case of later payment)
Customer is obliged to pay the Service fee, additional surcharge to Boxme within 14 (fourteen) working days from the invoice issuance date or another time limit as agreed under the contract.
3. Payment Method
Subject to the parties’ agreement, the payment shall be made in one of the following methods:
Customer transfers service fee to Boxme in advance. Boxme inputs an amount into the Customer’s service account balance in Boxme’s system.
Based on the expected and actual daily orders, the Customer self-determines the amount of prepayment to maintain the service. Boxme only performs the service when the Customer’s service account balance is sufficient.
Boxme will not perform any service when the Customer’s service account balance is insufficient and will be released from any actual or potential loss to the Customer due to this service interruption.
3.2 Debt clearing or offset against Collected Amount (COD)
Debt clearing or offset against Collected Amount (COD) will be applied in case the Customer signs delivery service contracts with Boxme and authorizes Boxme to collect the payment (COD). The parties shall make a minute of debt clearing in accordance with the law of the host country.
Boxme reserves the right to temporarily lock the account, block the balance and offset the Service fee against the COD in case the Customer fails to make payment after the deadline for payment.
In case of the Customer’s late payment, Boxme reserves the right to suspend any or all services, charge interest on all overdue debts from the due date to the time of actual payment and/or carry out other rights or remedies for such owed amounts.
Boxme shall make or receive payment from the Customer via bank account.
Bank account information:
Bank: Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint-stock Bank (Techcombank)
Hai Ba Trung Branch – Linh Nam Transaction Office – Hanoi
Beneficiary: BOXME VIETNAM LOGISTICS SERVICE JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Account number: 19128810438034
VI. REGULATIONS ON CLAIM SETTLEMENT
Boxme receives claim through the following channels:
– Chat window on customer accounts: From 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Monday to Saturday
– Send email to: [email protected]
Within a maximum of 8 working hours, since the claim settlement staff receives the claim from the Customer, he shall notify the Customer that the claim was received and wait for process or need to be supplemented/amended (where necessary). When the information of the claim has been provided completely and accurately, the claim settlement staff shall notify the Customer of the estimated time and method to handle the claim in line with the regulations of Boxme and SP. The Customer shall be kept updated on the settlement process (if any) and the result upon completion of settlement.
All claims shall be settled no later than 15 (fifteen) working days from the claim receipt date. For complicated cases, the deadline for settlement is 02 (two) months from the date of claim receipt by-laws.
Note: in the event of a claim, the Customer shall be responsible for coordinating in providing truthful and accurate information at the claim settlement staff’s proposal during the information verification period. In case the claim settlement staff cannot contact the Customer to verify the claim or the Customer provide unidentified information, he reserves the right to cancel the claim without further explanation
VII. COMPENSATION REGULATIONS
Boxme will work with SP on the Customer’s behalf to protect the Customer’s interests in compliance with the SP’s policies and regulations as stated in Boxme’s system.
SP shall be responsible for compensation in case goods are damaged, misplaced, or lost during the service provision due to SP’s faults. SP’s liability is limited to the direct and actual damage and loss caused or relating to the goods. Other damages or losses (including but not limited to lost profits, incomes and business opportunities) will be excluded.
Note: For all orders sent via Boxme, it is recommended that the Customer should purchase goods insurance to ensure the benefits when a risk event occurs to the goods.
1. Parcel value
Parcel value or order value determined according to this regulation shall be the basis for calculating the SP’s compensation liability.
2. Basis for parcel value verification
Parcel value is verified by one of the following bases (the priority from top to bottom):
The price on the legally valid sales invoice issued by the seller provided that the description of the Goods and the parties stated on the Invoice matches the description stated by the Sender on the Order.
Image of order on Boxme system
- Transaction information, including one of the following cases:
- Transaction statement document or image: is the image of money transfer via bank or e-wallet to purchase goods; or
- The image evidencing the transaction is represented by:
- (i) Chat image displaying information of goods value and order finalised right before the SP’s service provision,
- (ii) In case the sender sells goods via live streaming on social networks, he shall provide an image and link to relevant live streaming with a comment on purchase confirmation (including the quantity and value of the goods, recipient’s phone number and address that match the order information).
The average value of the parcel is presented on 03 (three) e-commerce websites selected by SP on a random basis.
3. Compensation rate
3.1 Parcels are letters, documents, publications, papers, invoices, contracts, and other documents
In case the parcel is damaged, misplaced, or lost, Boxme will compensate an amount equal to 04 (four) times of the used service charge.
3.2 Parcels are items, goods
In case of the damaged, misplaced, or lost parcel
- For all orders that DO NOT PURCHASE GOODS INSURANCE: compensating an amount equal to 04 (four) times of the order charge or the different amount as stated under each SP’s policy announced on Boxme’s system.
- For orders that PURCHASE GOODS INSURANCE, the compensation policy shall depend on a case-by-case basis under SP’s regulations announced on Boxme’s system.
4. Cases that SP is exempted from liability
Boxme and SP shall be exempted from compensation liability for goods in the following cases:
- Damage occurs entirely due to the fault of the sender or due to the inherent nature and defects of the goods.
- The sender fails to prove the act of sending and the harmful or damaged goods.
- Goods are confiscated at the discretion of the competent authority due to the sender’s fault
The Customer does not perform regulations on claim and dispute resolution by-laws, specifically:
- The goods have been robbed, snatched, or damaged by the recipient designated by the sender and resulting from the sender’s fault as proven by SP
- Damage for unqualified goods caused by the sender, including but not limited to the product size that does not match the image on the website provided by the sender.
- In case SP has returned the goods up to 03 (three) times but the sender refuses to receive the goods or SP cannot contact the sender, SP shall keep the goods within 03 (three) days from the last return. After this period, SP shall be exempted from any loss or damage related to the above order
- Force majeure cases as regulated by the laws of Vietnam; Goods are confiscated by the competent authority due to the sender’s violation when providing the prohibited goods or goods restricted from trading/transportation.
- In case a part of damage occurs due to the sender’s violation, SP is exempted from liability for compensation corresponding to the level of damage caused by the sender.
By agreeing to use the service, the Customer agrees that Boxme is a platform to connect shipping services.
In case there is a dispute between the customer and SP, Boxme will be an intermediary to assist in the settlement of any claim or dispute.
Any judgment on the claim will not change Boxme’s role as a partner providing a platform to connect shipping services between SP and the customer.
Boxme will not be involved in the shipping service and not be responsible for any damage that occurred during the customer’s service usage.